Women are Figuring Out that They have Always had the Power

Wed, 10/31/2012 - 15:59
Submitted by Lawrence Lanoff

I have an idea. And I’m going to share it with you in a moment. But first, I want to talk about a change that I see happening in the myth of the female psyche.

The current myth is that open female sexuality is slutish. Most sex is evil. That menstrual blood is dirty. That a sexually expressed female is a whore. However, I’m noticing that a lot of younger girls are not buying it.

That’s because these myths are just scams, enacted by men to completely dominate and control female sexuality - to the point where they have even tricked women into policing themselves – shaming, blaming, guilting one another for their sexual escapades, behaviors, actions. Fear of being called a “slut” or “whore” has kept legions of women praying to (a male) god for forgiveness for their thoughts and behaviors.

So here’s where my idea comes in: I think that women are figuring out that they have always had the power. And they will figure out that they have been duped for thousands of years. It’s inevitable that the blinders come off. In fact, they already are.

Global events, like the shooting attack on 15 year old Malala, are waking us up to the insanity and will eventually cause women to stand up and take control of the full power they already possess and have possessed all along. You can shoot one girl, but you can’t shoot 3.5 billion others.

And once women step off the male created “bus of sexual shame,” and stop shaming their sisters for being sexually empowered, the culture of the entire planet will begin to change. Women will seize power back from dominating little boys who are so afraid and insecure that they literally try to control every vagina in the world so they can feel safe.

It’s infuriating.

There is a revolution beginning - and it’s not one of fundamentalist religious psychopaths (they have had control of the ship for thousands of years) - rather it’s the revolution of the self-empowerment and self-education of women.

I predict in the next 100 years or so, this change will finally include women having control of the money too. Once this happens, it’s over for men. That’s because the current male global power structure is fucking things up at an unprecedented rate. Males who don’t recognize this shift will be left behind, and find themselves completely irrelevant. Many are figuring that out already.

It’s true, we have all been lied to for 2500 years. But now it’s our responsibility to wake up to reality that the world will be a better place when the power of female sexuality, communication, empowerment, education and equal pay is unleashed upon society. This is the thing that males in power worry about - because when they lose the ability to control women financially, religiously, psychologically, they will lose their ability to suppress humiliate, dominate and control their sexuality as well.

President of Pleasure. Buster of shame and myths.

I think these ideas will be mainstream by 2030

Thu, 11/01/2012 - 17:40

Great post! though 100 years is a bit far in the future to expect exponential scientific progress to have not blurred the notions of what is human let alone what is gendered. Though what you've expressed are smart ideas and whoever mentors humans or is the most intelligent entity will see the merits of them, It's something that has to be factered in to any discussion about the future, especially if you have children. I've made a 2 min video about it.

not so different

Sat, 11/03/2012 - 10:43

I can tell that you fellows are younger than I am. I, too, used to have faith in women and their greater sensitivity and compassion, then I had the misfortune of being exposed to conventional women and their mores. I found that women can be violent and virulent in their passion for war and injustice. I saw that women are just as ready to step into positions of power and use that power for evil as men are. I saw that women are just as willing to exploit and oppress other human beings as men are.

My point is that it is not one's gender that determines one's ethics. If one accepts the values of the world as it is now -- money, power, success -- one perpetuates the system that leaves numerous human beings without the necessities to live a decent life. In old radical feminist terms, there is an enormous imbalance between what we call masculine and feminine (yin and yang if you will) attributes. We value action, forcefulness, aggression, while placing little value on nurturing, warmth, empathy. And if you think we value those latter qualities, why do we pay people who care for children and the elderly very little money?

Gender and a better world

Sat, 11/03/2012 - 16:49

I very much agree with Tobysgirl's comments. I think that the crucial point is that we have a system of inequity in the Western world that cares increasingly less about your gender as long as you endorse its values. That's why Margaret Thatcher and Condoleeza Rice became powerful women: they fully agreed with the elite's agenda of self-enrichment by means of economic violence and global aggression. In other words, the only women in this system allowed to hold power are exactly like the men, and nothing will change until the system changes. Compassionate, nurturing, non-violent people of both genders are permanently excluded from the ranks. We could replace every male in power today with a woman, and we can be sure that the only women allowed to hold that power would be the ones who support the status quo. The elite power structure is the problem, and adding any number of violent women to it is not going to change it. It's the whole system that has to be dismantled.

Patrick, I think you nailed

Sat, 11/03/2012 - 15:54

Patrick, I think you nailed it. But I also think power in itself is addictive regardless of system.

I don't agree that women have always had the power if "the power" means and inherited power over men. Yes, perhaps we have the power to throw men off the throne (eventually), but men have that power as well. It's all about claiming it. So the power belongs to the one who embraces it and is passionate for change.

I think men aren't afraid of women because we're more powerful than men, but because we have the power to be equal. Unfortunatly, that's provocative enough.

Patrick very true

Sat, 11/03/2012 - 16:44

As men we're very young when we figure out we  can solve short term problems with brute force  and if we're not careful that can influence our decision making for the rest of our lives. I think brute force is a defining characteristic of patriarchy. And your right, if women have to conform to the patriarchal model of power then they'll likely be just as bad as the men they replace.