4 Workout Tips For Better Sex & Orgasms

Wed, 01/18/2012 - 15:41
Submitted by Eric Amaranth

It is absolutely true that a sex life can be enjoyed regardless of the shape someone is in. My sex life coaching works for a wide range of body types. It is also true that people in better shape have certain advantages in the bedroom. This blog post will cover several of the most relevant muscle groups for both women and men plus the effect they have on your sex and orgasm quality and possibilities.

Abs: This muscle group is one of the most important for men (or women on top). The abs are called on most to drive the pelvis during missionary and sideways missionary intercourse, which is still quite popular. Speeding up the rhythm of his thrust multiplies the effort required to keep up that pace. Slow is also great, can contribute perfectly to big orgasms, and fast can make it feel like a blur of friction that isn't as god as the details you can feel with slow.

That said, fast has its place and specific advantages too. There are times when certain types of penetration must be done at a rapid rate based on the needs of his partner's body/genitals to reach orgasm or have the best time possible. There still other situations that have nothing to do with the receiving partner's needs and everything to do with the man expressing his overpowering desire for his partner and masculine sexual intention.

Abs also play a lesser role in many other positions because they will be recruited for most forms of thrusting. This is why I put abs workouts at the top of the list. The more crunches you can do, the more endurance you'll have, which translates into being able to thrust rapidly for a longer period of time, which is exactly what your partner may need for a favorite type of big orgasm. Triggering certain orgasms in a given person can also require specific forms of energy-intensive stimulation. If you have what it takes to trigger it, great! If not, then that's okay, but it's time to get back in the gym.

My favorite way to workout my abs is with a abs machine that allows me to up the weight over time in a precise way. After you do crunches to a certain point, curling your own body weight wont be enough for further gains. Crunches on the floor are hard on your tail bone and low back. You also wont be able to add more weight resistance to your crunches in a way that is easy to manage for the majority of people. I've seen my most consistent gains in my abs since using a crunches machine.

Quads/thighs: This muscle group is equally important to abs for both women and men. Strong, developed thighs allow a woman to sit astride her man (or penetrating woman) and buck and grind for as long as she wants or needs to drive him or her or herself over the edge into a big-O.

This is a popular position for indirect clitoral stimulation during intercourse which works nicely for those women with a clitoris sensitive enough to build up and orgasm from vaginal penetration plus indirect clitoral stimulation against her partner's pelvis. Even if a woman is not sensitive enough she can still use this position and combine other forms of direct clitoral stimulation with it. I have a personal attraction to women with developed thighs. I call these thighs "sex engines" because besides looking sexy, driving a woman's thrusts during female superior/cowgirl is one thing they're made for. This position when done a certain way provides a unique form of stimulation to the head of the
penis via her cervix.

Thighs are also important in other positions for men as well. Particularly positions with men and doing the thrusting on their knees. The usual weight training for thighs are good: squats and quad-targeting machines. On any of my weight training workouts, I follow a pattern of 10 reps at such and such weight, rest one minute, 8 at a bit higher weight, rest one minute, then a weight setting where I can do 4 to 6 reps before my muscles can lift no more. Rest for two minutes, then do 4 to 6 again. I repeat two more times and then I'm finished with that muscle group.

Butt: The glutes are a big deal in sex. Practically and visually. For both genders, it's simple: everyone loves to view and touch a partner's toned, attractive bum. On a practical note, the glutes do join with the abs to help give locomotion to thrusting and other hip movements. This is an opportune time to mention that one of the things I learned early on was that rocking hips are not just a male form of physical sexual expression.

I found that women also rock hips often as their body's way of expressing the enjoyment of the sensations. I was taught that hip bobbing in women is often good to build arousal because it is sexual body language and will urge the mind to go into a more deeply aroused place. I suggest to women clients, as does my mentor, to experiment with different levels of hip bobbing and thrusting to see how it affects them and makes things better.

I've tried a number of different exercises that do work the glutes, but no exercise does it for me like a glutes machine. Not even squats. Squats can't isolate the glutes like that machine can. I don't see them in every gym, but look around in yours and try it out for a month or two using the workout method I described above. Because glutes are a large muscle group, you'll see noticeable changes faster than in smaller muscle groups like the arms. Speaking of which....

Arms: We all know women who love men love a pair of muscled arms. It reminds me of what men lust for in breast size and shape. The visual appeal is obvious and also the strength they can exert during sex is exciting. Specifically along these lines is going back to endurance again. The stronger the arms, the more endurance they have to do manual sexual skill sets (using your hands and things held by your hands) that require higher energy output for a given partner whose sex organs need more speed and power to best facilitate specific types of intense orgasms. Not running out of juice right as she's rising up to climax was a good reason for me to get into curls and tricep work.

I like doing standing dumbell curls for my biceps and standing cable pulldowns for my triceps. Done with the same format as above. My decision to target first the specific muscle groups that serve me best in sex turned out to be a very good idea. Two more things:

1. Google workouts to increase breast size. You won't increase the breast tissue volume, but a bit more prominence of the pecs will improve the overall look.

2. I prefer sprints and resting for a minute or two on the treadmill to long-distance running for cardio. That said, throwing some cardio in there is really good too for stamina during intercourse.

As always, I speak in my blog about the basics and omit a lot of details. The details are what my clients enjoy. Contact me today to schedule a complimentary 30 minute session to give my sex life coaching a try.

Sex life coaching and neo-male perspectives.

This is all good, but i think

Thu, 01/19/2012 - 14:36
Anonymous000 (not verified)

This is all good, but i think you forgot to mention the most important muscle - for both men and women - when it comes to sex: The pelvic floor!

4 Workout Tips For Better Sex & Orgasms

Thu, 01/19/2012 - 16:04
Jeff (not verified)

umm....no Kegels?

Thanks!

Sun, 01/22/2012 - 11:17
Sparklepants (not verified)

I stumbled across this accidentally and was delighted!  Over the last year I've discovered that while most cardio workouts bore me to sobs, lifting heavy things and putting them down makes me really happy. I'm a cis-female, and we're not typically encouraged to do much with weight, so I'm happy to see this and it reinforces my sense that doing what I'm doing is probably helping out my sex life! (I know this is changing with stuff like CrossFit, but it's still usually me and a bunch of big dudes in the weight room.)
I've had a lot of luck with both "Body Pump" classes and then independent weight lifting with a bit of training and ideas from the EliteFTS website. (The guys on the site make me laugh, too.)
Another benefit?  Because I feel strong, I feel good about myself, and that confidence transfers into the bedroom.

Thanks, Sparkle!

Eric Amaranth's picture
Wed, 01/25/2012 - 20:08

My intention with this post was to cover non-genital musculature.

To Sparkle, thank you for the great comment. I'm also glad I could echo your feelings and thoughts.

An addition I'd like to make to this blog:

One of the best pieces of advice that I give about integrating more exercise into your life is choose a beloved activity that the exercise improves. One obvious
example would be improving your tennis or basketball game. You aren't
going to the gym to exercise just for the sake of "being healthy and
having a hot body," which is the most common message we hear. The fact
is, lots of people I talk to find it difficult to stay in the gym for those reasons alone.

However, when they have something they  really love like basketball (or hot sex) that exercise makes better, they're much more likely to get into a gym routine and stick with it till it's a habit. You see the payoff beyond the healthy advice and
looking great in that tight skirt or tailored suit.

That's the key: making going to the gym a habit. This principle helped me turn that corner and never come back. Just make sure you don't over-do it.
Muscles need time to heal and your beloved activity will work them too.

Why I love Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Sat, 01/28/2012 - 03:26

I was bored with running and swimming about a year ago so I decided to take up Brazilian jiu jitsu which is, for those of you who don't know, a form of submission grappling. The sport focuses a whole lot on the muscle groups you mentioned.
I have done oh so many squats, lunges, and scissors to work on thigh and glut strength for takedowns, countless V sits and leg lifts to work my abs so I can stay crunched up and off my shoulders when I end up on the bottom, and powered through push ups so I can get those underhooks when pumbling.
BJJ focuses on a lot of hip quickness and movement, and wrist strength for gripping sleaves, wrists, and collars (I'm sure you know what that comes in handy for). It also works the body as a whole. I have found that my sexual endurance has improved HUGELY since starting up. Compared to what I exert in intense rolling sessions it feels like I could thrust all day on top of a guy (or girl or inside a guy or girl or you get my point...) and not get tired. And I can't complain about rolling around on a regular basis with sweaty muscly men. Anyways I think I'm gushing, or advertising. The long and short of it is Brazilian jiu jitsu is one sexy sport. Loved your article Eric. I totally agree.

On BJJ

Eric Amaranth's picture
Mon, 01/30/2012 - 17:43

Thanks for your input, Sideways! Thank you also for the article love. I'm always happy to see more women getting into martial arts of whatever variety. I'm also happy to see you found a way for something that most women would see as too rough and "boy gameish" as semi-erotic for you. I mean, if mostly women did this and men were in the minority, men would feel the same way. Though I do realize not every man a woman could roll with would be desirable.

Yes, wrist strength is a good one to bring up for all those uses you alluded to. I also want to include shoulders/pushup holding as a good one too. I was just in a position this past weekend where I was leaning forward and supporting weight mostly with my arms, a bit on my knees, while doing rapid vaginal penetration with my penis. I remember when I wasn't in good enough shape to pull that off for very long. Now I can do it until I reach orgasm and she does too. Must breathe though. Just like jogging. Or rolling and grappling on the floor!