Natural Cycles is a Birth Control App as Effective as the Pill

Wed, 02/22/2017 - 08:52

This is the kind of news that gets my clit rock hard.  Elina Berglund, a nuclear physicist, has developed a birth control app that's as effective as the pill.  All you have to do is take your temperature under your tongue each morning and enter the info into the app.  Then your smart phone lets you know when you're fertile and when you're not.  I would just synch it to my calendar.

Forget about waiting for the medical community to put a dime into birth control research or all those white old men in Washington trying to defund Planned Parenthood at every turn.  It takes a woman - a fucking smart women who is also a married mother by the way - to liberate womankind from centuries of misogyny.  This is a real game changer.  You don't have to go to the clinic.  No one has to fill your prescription.  There's no risk to your future fertility.  Rich, poor, young, and old women alike can all use this app without anyone standing in their way.  No judgments - just technology.

They have 150,000 users and just got cleared to sell in Germany.  The Natural Cycles app is coming to the US once they get FDA approval.

This is a watershed moment in feminism.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Glad it exists, but not a new idea

Fri, 02/24/2017 - 20:07
Anonymous1 (not verified)

There are plenty of apps that help you monitor your fertility and ask you to enter your temperature each morning. The difference? Those can be downloaded for free or $3.99 max and Natural Cycles costs $80/year. What's with the annual service fee? The app runs on algorithms, just like any normal calendar or FAM app. I suspect they set the price point to what women pay for birth control.
[= 12.8px]I'm glad it's making news so that women can become more in tune with their bodies and enjoy a hormone-free, side effect-free option, but the subscription payment structure is such a turn-off.[/]

But this is something the

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 05:20

But this is something the Catholics have been doing for years its called the rythem method all by just taking your temperaiture each morning and the other thing is a calender to write it down on, when it goes up then no sex, all so easy and no posh phone needed.

How simple.

NOWHARD

sounds like something

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 05:56
Lea3333 (not verified)

sounds like something unreal..how can an app be more affective than a pill??if you miscalculate something, you are done for..that's why taking a pill is a better and secure way..
Best
L Martin,
do my hw service expert

Yes but..

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 10:11

Just to state the obvious, it might be worth being a bit careful on holiday in different time zones etc, maybe taking alternatives along with you as mostly the timing of temperature records has to be very reliable.

Amen. This is my preferred

Sat, 03/04/2017 - 20:13
Anonymous 25 (not verified)

Amen. This is my preferred method of birth control. I use a similar but free app called Kindara. It's one of the most empowering things I've ever done as a women. I know for a fact when I am and am not fertile, and when it's safe to have unprotected sex. I'm not poisoning my body with hormones but respecting my Devine femininity. I am a women, and I work with and understand my womanly fertility.