Every Individual is Entitled to Pleasure

Mon, 11/28/2016 - 08:28

Below is an email from a beautiful woman who took our last workshop *tingles*

I am still processing Bodysex. Still shaking my head in disbelief, marveling at all the beauty and courage within that circle. The depth of what I took away from the experience still confounds me. This started out as a thank you note to Betty and Carlin but then I thought, why not thank everyone? After all, it was the sense of sisterhood that made this so special.

Negative misconceptions born from the cultural double standard had darkened my perception of sex and my body. Bodysex taught me something so simple and yet absolutely fundamental; every individual is entitled to pleasure…and I’m convinced there was no better way to learn it.

As Erotic Recess began, I closed my eyes, scanning my mind for fantasies. With a pang of disappointment, I realized that my internal library consisted of vanilla, predictable, and ultimately boring scenarios. None felt right for this moment. I started to stress - what if I couldn’t do this? I was in a room full of people, for Christ’s sake! How could I let myself be so vulnerable? At least everyone else is in the same boat, I thought. And from this, a fantasy materialized.

Our circle was inside a spaceship, surrounded by views of the cosmos, electrical circuitry and a dashboard with endless buttons, knobs, and levers. Though only our group inhabited this one room, I got the sense that the ship carried many others, perhaps the entire population of Earth after its untimely destruction from God only knows what. We were bound for safety in a galaxy far, far away, but of course, the ship was running low on fuel. Captain Dodson to the rescue: “Fuck fuel! Orgasmic energy’s more powerful anyway!”

At this point, the circle in Betty’s apartment was coming alive. The heady, primal sounds of bodies shifting, breathing, and moaning entered my evolving fantasy. Shit, this was intense. The lights in the spaceship’s control room flickered. The walls shook. As the first full body orgasm of my life sent an electrical jolt from my core out to my very toes and fingertips, the spacecraft’s gravity mechanism broke. Our circle floated up, up, up.

Before Erotic Recess ended, we had criss-crossed the cosmos. At one point, a particularly primal sounding orgasm from across the room took my fantasy in a new direction, sending our circle to a jungle riverbed. In the circle’s center stood (or hovered) the Goddess herself, an orgasmic green glow emanating from her unearthly being.

The energy within our circle took not only my body but my mind places it had never been before. I had NO idea that a single sensation so deeply rooted in the physical could transcend physical barriers. Betty uttered the phrase, “sexual consciousness raising,” and that’s what happened. My consciousness rose to the clouds…

Thank you, everyone, for this incredible experience. The camaraderie of our sisterhood continues to inspire me. Betty and Carlin, thank you for this extraordinary work - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Disabled

Tue, 11/29/2016 - 11:48

I am not entitled because i'm a 51yr old asperger male who has never have sex. I can only look on whilse others have so easily what I can never have.

Also disabled

Tue, 11/29/2016 - 12:45
Julia (not verified)

robin- I do not have Aspberger's and thus cannot relate directly. I can relate to being disabled & different. I was in a serious car accident three months ago and have damage to my cervical spine and associated nerves, leaving me with limited use of my hands and arms as well as constant pain. The experience from going from pretty well-abled to disabled has been eye-opening for me.

I look "normal," yet I am not. I might be again, I might not. I struggle with an eating disorder and depression, but no one knows. Many of us have disabilities that cannot be seen. Many of us have disabilities that can be seen.

I am still able to orgasm, in spite of my pain. I have not figured out sex with my partner yet but I want to. Aspergers may make it difficult for you to have relationships, or it may not, but you can always enjoy your own body such as it is. Self-pleasure is rooted in self-acceptance and self-love. We try to accept the things we can't control, and take pleasure in the things that are within our realm.

Perhaps starting with building your own sexual pleasure will lead you to having the courage to meet others, either through Aspberger's support groups or just in general. Perhaps a one-nighter would be a delight for you. Perhaps it wouldn't. But I cannot define myself by what I cannot do, else I would be miserable. Instead I choose the things I can do, the things I can change. I hope that you continue to reach out and find those things for you.

SPACE TRAVEL

Tue, 11/29/2016 - 12:49
DANIEL W. O'BRIEN (not verified)

This is inspiring and uplifting.

Brava Betty and Carlin.

There is psychiatric innate affliction Asperger and Asperger,

Tue, 11/29/2016 - 18:37
Mrs. Magenta (not verified)

To Mr. Robin.

From experience I can say you do not miss what you do not know.
Equally, it is all in the mind. We have the will to control our thoughts. As Betty always says, there is "Sex for One" available. That could suffice.

To those who do not know what the psychiatric affliction Asperger entails, with my university academic, highly above average intelligent, 50 year old sister primarily it comes down to that she is not able to sense the feelings of others, and things always must be done her way. This makes communication difficult.
In general, with Asperger too much external impressions reach the individual and this causes internal stress which can not be handled; it has to be learned.

To Mr. O'Brien, it is Brave: the female plural of brava in Italian...

I am on antidepressants

Wed, 11/30/2016 - 09:02

I am on antidepressants namely venlafaxine which has taken my ability to climax away with reduced sensitivity. In the past ive joined asperger groups but this are mainly males with the odd female who has always got a boyfriend. As for one nighters no hope there.

No stress reducing medicines needed anymore.

Thu, 12/01/2016 - 14:32
Mrs. Magenta (not verified)

My mildly afflicted sister is since years now considered an example of success by her psychiatric docters (she no longer needs to be in contact with) and by the societal organisations she is unpaid professionally involved with. Also, she is back in her old field of expertise, teaching small groups at her pace, designed by her independently. Socially she creates contacts with those who have the same interests.

Her relationship with her family members remains difficult, then her social mask for the outside world drops.

After years of psychiatric supervision, together with congnitive therapy and many other learned tools, assistance, and guiding from every corner possible some regular and some holistic, very slowly she reached the point were no regular i.e. chemical stress reducing medicines with its side effects were needed anymore. There were backlashes and experimentations with finding the right medicines and doses.

The will to change one's thoughts is imperative in this.

Hi Robin What your getting is

NOWHARD's picture
Sat, 12/03/2016 - 06:49

Hi Robin What your getting is a side effect of your drugs your on, there is another way you can if its for depression and anxiety its Meditation, the Mayo Clinic rates it very highly as a very good tool to help, if you can get meditation working for you, and with the help of your doctor you could slowly wean yourself off your drugs. OK

Jusdt google depression, anxiety and meditation your find lots of help, if you go that way just chose one way to go, never mix them, or find a local group for help into meditation, get this working and its a drug free world and back to orgasm's. OK

Also please do read through, it should alos help you.

NOWHARD