Critiquing Your Dick Pics with Love

Mon, 01/13/2014 - 09:25

I adore this new tumblr blog Critiquing your Dick Pics with Love, 100% ANON No Size Shaming.

It's not clear whether a man or woman is running this blog but it's so refreshing to hear someone critique male sexual expression, for men to present themselves with the same desire to be "sexy".  The critique is never about the penis per se but about the lighting, cropping, and overall presentation.  In many ways, dic pics are a new art form.

Here's a sample:

"sender, this is a good & simple dick pic.

you know the drill: i’m happy that you’re gripping the base of your cock, & i’m always pleased to see more hand than dick in a dick pic. your stomach is an attractive background & the pose is bedroom-like and alluring. also, this is idiosyncratic, but i really, really love houndstooth, so i am enjoying the little flash of it in the bottom left hand corner.

the only downside to this picture is that it’s slightly on the safe side; it would need some kind of additional “wow” factor to push it into full-mark territory but i’m definitely, definitely not mad at it as is.

thank you for submitting to critiquemydickpic.tumblr.com. your dick pic gets an A-."

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

More tumblr dick pics here

Sat, 01/18/2014 - 02:50

Not a critique but numerous dick pics:-

Awesome site!

Sat, 01/18/2014 - 10:10
Xenia (not verified)

Thank you very much Carlin for introducing me to this most glorious art critique site. It rocks!

Critiquing genitals

Sat, 01/18/2014 - 17:49

While I can see some merit in an honest self-presentation of genitals, I think the notion of leveling criticism and giving marks is problematic. The idea, it seems to me, ought to be about acceptance, not giving 'grades' to the photographer and his body, even if those grades are supposedly based on aesthetic qualities alone. The bottom line is, I wonder who this person is who has set herself or himself up as final authority, judge, and jury. The genital art galleries I've seen have been all about acceptance and providing a non-judgmental place for displaying what we've all been taught to feel so ashamed about. I find the process of criticism itself in this context to be another potential source of shame and bad feelings about oneself, and I think the concept is flawed.

Patrick I agree, a site that grades vulva pics would be bad too

Sun, 01/19/2014 - 20:29

Because of the intimate nature of subjects. I think the grading is degrading. I wouldn't send my prick pic to have it graded. It's not a suggestively shaped vegatable :) This is the standout flaw in the project. Without it the project would be a really nice paradigm shift in how we view penises. Lets have a vulva project too.

Good point, Jake

Sun, 01/19/2014 - 20:53

In thinking about someone's grading those penis pictures I kept picturing Betty's old genital art gallery, and trying to imagine the reactions if Betty or Carlin had given grades to the vulva photographs based on composition, lighting, overall appearance, and other 'aesthetic' qualities. I think it would have defeated the whole purpose of the gallery. The whole emphasis on judging is wrong; it even strikes me as subtly malicious. I'd love to see a vulva gallery, but not one where the women were judged in any way.