Men Wearing Their Girlfriend's Clothes

Wed, 07/10/2013 - 08:01

I found this picture blog featuring men wearing their girlfriend's clothes.

What's interesting is how ridiculous they look - while women wearing men's clothes look quite normal.  You can't go wrong with jeans and a t-shirt.

Suddenly I'm reevaluating my waredrobe.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

women's clothes

Wed, 07/10/2013 - 09:18

Some women look ridiculous wearing women's clothes! See the current fad for having very thin legs and wearing HUGE shoes. Look at the some of the clothes shown during fashion week in NYC -- anyone wearing them looks absurd. Men in skirts can be adorable, think kilts -- what's sexier?

A good thing to remember about cross-dressing is that the men involved find it relaxing. They get to take off their male uniform and all that comes with it. Maybe the fellow in the picture was sick of wearing boring colors!

Gendering of garments

Wed, 07/10/2013 - 11:36
pamela h (not verified)

http://www.hisblackdress.com/ is a great look at men in "womens" clothes from the oppisite angle. The gendering of clothing, and the physical traits they can enhance is actually pretty interesting stuff to dig into.

If he look ridiculous because

Sun, 06/15/2014 - 13:47
Anne-Marie_Labelle (not verified)

If he look ridiculous because

1. There is a look well tested called "the feminin look" sHE goes against them all,
  2. The way sHE sits isn't feminin at all, make me thing of an elephant in a tuto
  3. sHE's isn't shave at all
  4. And HEr hair isn't done at all sHE looks like some one that just got plug in 550Volts
  5. Lack of make-up

There Guys that look very good when they take up the full feminin look, so it not about what sHE wears but more about how sHE wears it.

Him in a dress

Sat, 02/07/2015 - 18:37
ChristinaCD (not verified)

That is what he is. He has not prepared to look like a women at all. Which is fine, along as he feels good then we should not judge

Comfortable

Sun, 02/08/2015 - 10:51

Christina - I missed this post first time around so thank you for commenting & introducing me to it.

When I looked through the photos I was struck by a couple of things.

To my eyes, the men looked mostly much more masculine wearing their girlfriends outfits than I imagine they would in their own everyday clothes.

The clothes especially the shoes looked ridiculous, either childish or fetishistic but clearly not comfortable everyday wear.

Maybe men's clothing is more easily transferred onto a female body because it's just more functional and comfortable. Which makes me wonder what on earth fuels the clothing choices I've been making the last few years.

Women's clothing choices

Sun, 02/08/2015 - 14:14

This is an interesting subject to me because of the way the clothing division in the West is based on gender. Even if my wife and I were the same size, there is hardly an article of clothing we could swap and wear in public without attracting immediate odd looks (and probably worse in some places). Maybe just some jackets and winter coats. Men's and women's hiking boots, trousers, and running shoes don't look too dissimilar; clothing meant for active physical pursuits seems to be designed mainly for its practical functions rather than its looks.

The big division seems to happen when the sexes 'dress up' for business or to attract one another. Women's clothing in particular becomes more and more impractical the dressier it is---the shoes look impossible, the garments unworkable for anything but sitting or standing around. I would imagine that this has something to do with the cultural idea that middle and upper-class women should be passive and decorative and traditionally weren't permitted to actually 'do' anything. This used to be somewhat true also for aristocratic men's clothing until the Industrial Revolution shoehorned males into comparitively drab, sober, uniform-like clothes. I'm sure there have been doctoral theses written about all this. It would be nice to relax the 'rules' about clothing so that we can wear what seems comfortable to us rather than always donning some sort of culturally approved uniform. Perhaps this is beginning to happen.

11th century

Mon, 02/09/2015 - 03:59

I find these guys a lot less ridiculous since I've been studying the 11th century. If you look at the Bayeux tapestry you'll see all these men in dresses  So the garment choices look OK to me now it's just the cut, they're usually wearing clothes in the wrong size cut make the best of a diffrent shaped body.

Panty Lover Newbie

Sat, 11/04/2017 - 22:11
Anonymous. DocLuvin (not verified)

Yes it might seem strange to most, but it's not about other men or being gay at all!! I love women , it's the textures and comfort!