Bettie Page Getting a Trim

Thu, 05/09/2013 - 15:58

I love when a photograph captures a true moment of sensuality, humor, and celebration.

This is my new favorite Bettie Page pic.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Reminds me of some of the wonderful art

Thu, 05/09/2013 - 17:01

This reminds me of some of the wonderful art photography of Roy Stuart.  He is so good at capturing those moments of realness in sensuality.  My favorite of his art is "The smell test" in his volume 5.  It is full of this beautiful light-hearted and silly sexuality :)
Her smile is so delightful. Though I am unsure whether she is laughing or thinking "why are you taking a picture now?!" lol

Pubic barber

Fri, 05/10/2013 - 11:47

What qualifications do you need to become a pubic barber (for the ladies). Is the pay good.

More Bettie and Betty

Fri, 05/10/2013 - 15:37

I am loving the vintage pics you post.  Thanks for finding this unique one of Bettie Page.  And please keep the vintage Betty Dodson's coming ... at every age she radiates.  Even when bald, beautiful.  For Bettie Page lovers,  2005's "The Notorious Bettie Page" is really wonderful.  It made me a huge fan of Gretchen Mol (playing Bettie).  The insights into our sexual politics was potent.

This photo is great, Bettie

Scott Soderstrom's picture
Sat, 05/11/2013 - 03:20

This photo is great, Bettie laughing at the camera because "makeup" is taking care of a few "WILD" hairs, is one of the best pinup photos I've ever seen.  :o)

Mixed feelings

Mon, 05/13/2013 - 14:28
Lue (not verified)

I know she's happy and looks like she's getting the trim for herself, but I still can't like this photo.
The last time I trimmed my pubes was when I was dating a guy I really liked, and we were about to have sex for the first time. As an insecure teen, I was afraid to scare him away, and I googled what men expected from a vagina. And the internet was full of "basic grooming" shit, so I took scissors and cut my pubes. My cunt looked sad and poor, and felt itchy when I wore jeans, and I knew I had done it against myself, just to meet expectations. (And the sex was pretty bad too, btw.)