Our Latest Ebook & Vulva Anatomy

Wed, 02/13/2013 - 17:22

I'm really focused on ebooks right now because it's the easiest way for us to get our information out globally and keep the lights on.  Betty's memoir My Romantic Love Wars is out as an ebook and we're releasing several how-to sex ebooks including my first writing venture

The model is to have free, long-form how-to content like First Time Orgasm and then offer an extended ebook for those who need more information.  Learn How to Orgasm in Four Acts - our orgasm ebook - breaks down each step in detail and includes women's personal orgasm experiences during Betty's private sessions.

My ebook How to Make a Girl Come is available on smashwords.  Don't get tripped up on the name.  "How to Make a Girl Come" is the most popular search phrase people use to find D&R...I wanted it to pop up first in search results.  I'm really proud of this book because it's based on research.  For the last 5 years, I've entered all of Betty's sex Q&A into the site and noticed people are looking for the same sex information.  I thought why not put it all in one place and teach men how to support a woman's orgasm.

I started with anatomy and included these two pics.  Yes, it's my vulva.  One of the women from our first bodysex group came over and took the shots.  We had some fun making sure everything was plump and visible on camera.  Then she photoshopped in all the descriptions.  Believe it or not I couldn't find an image of a vulva with hair and every day terminology.

Looking forward to your feedback.

C

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Carlin, I love it that you

Thu, 02/14/2013 - 09:24

Carlin, I love it that you had your own vulva photographed for this book. :) The web (world?) is starved for pictures like that. It's so great that you took the matter into your own hands!

Did you ever consider being clear about how this book is for (cis?-)men who likes to have sex with (cis?-)women? I love it when this site is specific around these things (like, for example, using the word partner-sex instead of just sex), and I have to admit that I feel a bit disheartened every time you guys forget. Sometimes I feel like I, as a queer person, don't count. I guess you guys are up to eye-balls in work, and these things (proper wording) do perhaps sink to the lower regions of the to do-lists, but I'm curious to know what you think.

This book should be very popular!

Thu, 02/14/2013 - 14:59

This book should find a wide audience, and it was a gutsy choice using yourself as the model. A surprising number of men (and even a few women) are vague on female anatomy and just don't understand how everything connects up and where the parts really are. Too many people have formed their ideas about sexuality from inaccurate and undependable sources. Many also find female orgasm 'mysterious' and don't have a clue how to support their partners' pleasure. This book will help tremendously. If I could make a small suggestion, I think it would be helpful to include the urethra in the anatomical information---it's not always clear from pictures where it is.

Urethral meatus

Sat, 02/16/2013 - 13:36

Patrick, the urethral meatus is not always visible, nor is it always in the same place. Sometimes they are impossible to visualize and difficult to palpate. You can't see Carlin's in this photo.

Very well done practical book

Sat, 02/16/2013 - 14:42

This is very well done and practical.  It would make an excellent gift for a teenager or young adult.
as a note:  when I was first feeling out my wife long ago,  the biggest problem I had was hitting the pee-hole.  She said it was painful.  I think Patrick had a point.

Urethral meatus in women . . .

Sat, 02/16/2013 - 15:47

Thanks, Collette and Daniel. Good points and a helpful clarification about the meatus. I've noticed in my own experiences that the urethral meatus in women is sometimes located higher and is very visible, and is sometimes very close to the vaginal opening and is almost hidden as with Carlin. However, it's normally going to be somewhere between the clitoris and the vaginal opening from what I understand. When I was young I was always vague about exactly where women peed from, so I thought there might be other folks with the same curiosity or lack of knowledge.

Mon, 05/05/2014 - 12:01
Bee Onederful (not verified)

My first thought in reading this article and seeing the photos of your vulva was gratitude. So many pics out there are of hairless, and sometimes bleached, women. Nothing wrong with either, everything right with choice. It's just nice to see some representation of hair down there. :)

Congratulations!

Thu, 03/30/2017 - 01:06

Ah, how little us men know.  Carlin, I want to congratulate you in your writing and videos and blogging, that you are educating the world about the vulva and all its parts in a way which was never done so well until now.  You are brave and honest to use yourself as the model.  I'm tired of the sexless sex educators.  Your pussy is beautiful and I smile when I see it in these pictures. Your clitoris is so cute Keep up the good work!