Happy 4th of July

Wed, 07/04/2012 - 15:44
Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Nice! :)

Wed, 07/04/2012 - 17:58

Nice! :)

The only connection I can make with feeling patriotic

Betty Dodson's picture
Fri, 07/06/2012 - 09:34

and a picture of Ava Gardner is the last time I liked my country. That was when I first moved to NYC at age 20 in 1950. I doubt Ava felt patriotic when she posed for this pic. Patriotic? Darling you must have posted this when you were hung over. I can't find an ounce of patriotic feelings for this cruel regime we are under. . . greedy corporate bastards, all of them. However, they do love pin-ups of pretty girls!

Jake E you're adorable but you have your head up your ass.

Betty Dodson's picture
Sat, 07/07/2012 - 09:07

Our rights here in the USA are being systematically stolen from us. And women's rigths have been a long time coming the world over and theiy are still no where in site. I don't know what your system is in the UK is for downloading movies, but a must see documentary unfortunately titled "UNme" is a shocking eye opener. It's about the United Nations and tells a frightening story of planned genocides of entire peoples. Hitler killling all the Jews was only the beginning. The Un peace keepers are a abunch of drunken rip off whoring men who are totally corrupt. So you can take your partriotic feelings about your country and live in denial. We all make our choices. A pin-up of a movie star waving the American flag? Patriotic? I think not.

Betty your adorable but you have your own head up your ass

Sat, 07/07/2012 - 16:55

Because you've missed the point of what I'm saying and pulled something out of there that has nothing to do with what I've said :) Rogue peace keepers have nothing to do with me valuing the rights I have being British. I'm not saying Britain is perfect, nowhere is, just that if, wether you live in the US or England, if you didn't love where you live and the people there, you wouldn't care about it's faults and you do. When we belong to a country it tries to mould us. When a country belongs to us we play a part in moulding it. Your doing that right now as an activist.  Xenophobes was the word I was looking for to go with assholes in my last post in this thread last night, but the word wouldn't appear for me. Now I've edited it as it should be. Where ever we live we have an emotional connection. I emotionally identify as living on earth, which is my home along with all humanity. There are no people who are othered, we're all us.  But my immediate environment around me is my province, things affect me here and where I'm lucky I appreciate that and where there are problems I care and like to try and find solutions, same as you.

Well Jake,

Betty Dodson's picture
Sat, 07/07/2012 - 18:39

Maybe we should try putting our heads up each other ass?

Ha ha

Sat, 07/07/2012 - 18:58

Yeah I'll try that. Would make a great painting, no portrait skills required :)