I Never Understood Why Shaving Your Own Pussy was a Crime

Mon, 03/01/2010 - 09:21
Submitted by Brandi90

It was the summer after fifth grade and I was living in Florida. My parents were going to the beach by themselves so I was allowed to invite a friend over to swim and hang out. I called my friend Kelly who had a very strict single mother. She said she would ask and call me back. I was immediately convinced she wasn't coming over. As I was looking through my friends' numbers for potential guests, the phone rang. Kelly had successfully convinced her mom to bring her over to spend the night!

I waited 30 minutes for her to get there - already in my bathing suit. Kelly arrived and anxiously ran into the bathroom to change into her suit. Our parents exchanged numbers and had that official parental talk before leaving us alone. Without saying goodbye to the parentals, we burst through to back door and cannon balled into the deep end.

We swam for a couple hours before we got out and ordered pizza. We sat in the sun to dry off and wait for the deliveryman. As Kelly stepped out of the pool I noticed black, curly hairs peeking out from her bathing suit bottom. I started to feel a little insecure because I shaved all my pubic hair off as soon at had appeared. After we ate, we headed inside to change to dry clothes. We stood in opposite corners of my room and undressed. She snuck a glimpse at my vagina and a look of shock came over her face. She turned a little red and asked me about my bald vulva, "So you don't have any hair...you know down there yet?" I kinda giggled and shook my head yes.

I explained to Kelly that I had hair "down there" but that I just preferred to shave it off. Not many girls my age shaved their genitals. I asked Kelly if I could see her vagina and she got really flustered. She told me I could see it if I promised to not make fun of her. Of course, I agreed, I would never make fun of her. She pulled down her bottoms and out came a huge vagina afro. I tried to hide my look of amazement which was no easy task. She look discouraged and told me she felt itchy and uncomfortable because of her hair. So I asked her, "why don't you just shave it?"

Kelly immediately shook her head, "My mother might find out and she might get mad or something." Then it registered, I had never thought of my parents looking or disapproving of my private area. I told her that it was her pussy ( Yes I proudly spouted this "dirty" word from my 12 year old mouth) and that her mother couldn't tell her what to do with it. My pep talk worked and I marched Kelly into the bathroom for a demonstration. We stood in my bathtub full of water and I instructed her to wet her area and showed her how to put shaving cream on. We giggled throughout the whole process.

That night Kelly and I lay in my bed watching tv. Kelly kept rubbing her legs back and forth over and over again. I asked her why and she smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen, "I feel so free, and smooth down there." She thanked me for helping her and we paused awkwardly close to one another's faces. I felt compelled to lean in and our lips met. Immediately, we pulled apart in shock. After a shrug, we returned to locking lips and spent the whole night rubbing, kissing and exploring. In the morning, Kelly left and we both had a new and exciting secret to hide from our friends. A couple of days later my mother got a very angry phone call from Kelly's mom. Because of my free spirit, Kelly got grounded for a week. I never understood why shaving your own pussy was a crime.

Whoaaaa. What? She was put

Mon, 03/01/2010 - 11:34

Whoaaaa. What? She was put on restriction for shaving her goods? Damn. I can't think of a legit reason that her mother could have given her for that. "You can't watch television because you made a decision about your own pussy!" What the hell, dude. When I was in 5th grade, we compared our amount of pubic hair. We WANTED a full bush. Having hair seemed to equal being a woman. I remember going to summer day camp and one of the girls had stolen some of her older sister's sheer panties and was walking around, showing everyone the little curls of hair she was starting to get. I was so jealous. I didn't know about shaving my pussy until I was ALLOWED to shave in 7th grade, when I turned 12 and got my period. I shaved everything from the neck down, and when it started to grow back, I regretted it.

Hm. Interesting read. I wonder what type of person Kelly is today.

Mon, 03/01/2010 - 16:38

I think that Kelly's mother freaked out because her daughter was participating in "adult" activities. The issue was not individual freedom to make decisions about one's body, but rather an effort on her mother's part to shelter her from sexual thoughts and activities. I lost touch with Kelly when I moved to Missouri, but I hope her mother's restrictions did not inhibit her or cause her to have genital shame.

Virgin Monoblogger

Mon, 03/01/2010 - 20:29

Hi,

Your name is intruiging and fascinating.  I was a virgin for 28 years, and it was tough.  Very scared of women.  But now I am not.  I'm glad you are proud of your pussy.  Hang in there and wait for the right person.  But until then, do you have any encounters with penises and how do you handle them?

trying to bate the virgin to

Mon, 03/01/2010 - 21:09

trying to bate the virgin to talk about her fumblings with penises...classy

"I see my body as an instrument, rather than an ornament." - Alanis Morissette

We learn so much in childhood.

Tue, 03/02/2010 - 02:11

I didn't even consider the fact of shaving the goods until I was in college. I never went swimming so that was never a problem I had. I really had no thought about my pubs until one day in 6th grade. Me and one of by best friends got curious and started to have a sexaganza. Then she showed me her vagina and then I showed her mine. All I can remember is her saying "wow it's like a jungle down there" and I remember being jealous of her quite tame bush.

Later in life, around high school I remember my mom, who I swear is a nudist at heart, said to me when I caught my father shaving her, that you should always shave. I don't think she gave a reason as to why shaving is better but that I should do it. I do like it better bare but it's a bitch growing back in. So I usually leave it alone. FYI: I didn't catch by parents by surprise unfortunately they do this kind of stuff all the time with the door open, so it's whatever.

Peter: I'm gonna go microwave a bagel and have sex with it.

5th grade?

Tue, 03/02/2010 - 10:38
Antonia (not verified)

Well to be honest, 5th grade does seem a little young to be concerned about your pubic hair. I'm in the UK, so in 5th grade you're 9-10 years old. It wasnt even something that crossed my mind at that age. I didnt even know you could remove it haha.
Of course shaving your pussy isnt a crime. If anything, its encouraged. But, its encouraged amongst ADULTS, not children, which is what I think the real issue your friend's mother had.

Hair = Style. Do what is right for YOU.

Sat, 03/06/2010 - 06:02

I am almost equally offended by people who suggest women SHOULDN'T shave as I am by people who say all women SHOULD shave.

Though I often stand up for women who don't shave, I actually am VERY attracted to the super-smooth look of a hairless vulva. Probably the most appealing look in terms of making me want to explore it with my mouth.

That said, I feel that hair is a fashion statement.. its a style thing.. a personal comfort thing. It really bothers me that there is SO MUCH PRESSURE for women to shave these days.

You see, for most women who are were graduated high school before the whole shaved-vulva thing caught on.. you probably felt more like shaving your vulva was your choice, and it was something you were doing despite the fact that some people wouldn't approve.

Meanwhile, girls today.. there is ENORMOUS pressure to shave.. in some circles, teasing would commense if it was discovered that a girl had not shaved off her pubic hair. To me, this is a disturbing trend.

I am certainly okay with people shaving their pubic hair, but I want them to do it for themselves. To not be embarassed about keeping the hair. Hair is not unclean or disgusting, and hairless is not pre-pubescent.. its just a STYLE!

-------------------------------------

24 - M - Critical Relativist and Feminist (Equalist) - Canada

as a single farther of a 13

Sat, 08/21/2010 - 14:36
max (not verified)

as a single farther of a 13 yr old girl.i was freaked when she ask me to shave her pussy one day.wasnt sure if i should or not but she wouldnt leave me alone till i did.to this day i keep her pussy shaved ....she likes it and so do i and thats what counts....

Wait a second.

Sat, 08/21/2010 - 23:13

Why is the father of a 13-year-old girl so invested in whether she's shaven or not? That's just a bit... squicky.

I personally don't think one is better than the other, but I don't personally shave my pussy- both times I've tried it I've gotten a terrible rash so... no thanks. It's not like I have a ton of hair down there, I just thought it would be easier. How wrong I was.