Happy Independent Orgasm Day for All Women Everywhere

Tue, 07/04/2017 - 08:09
Betty Dodson 1967

We had talked about it for several weeks, but still, it was intimidating to actually pull it off. Several big elements in my life had occurred that year; my seven year marriage had ended with a legal settlement that I would receive $500 a month for the first year, $400 the next and then 3, 2 and 1 hundred dollars respectfully for the final years. It was mutually agreed upon by both of us to ease me back into the commercial art world after painting full time in my studio.

At the end of the first year, I was informed there would be no more checks in the mail; he had lost his job, his former secretary was now pregnant and would be giving birth to their first child in eight months. We both got what we wanted; fatherhood for him and freedom for me.

I had just entered the most sexually exciting relationship in the second half of my thirties with a man who was not my type, but who was the most dynamic, exciting intellectual and sexual man I’d ever known. That particular week, I’d just landed a freelance art job that paid the exact amount that matched my $500 a month alimony. I decided on July 4th 1965 I would celebrate my Financial and Sexual Independence Day with my new lover.

I’d also had my first partnersex orgasm when I finally got up the nerve to reach down and stimulate my clitoris during a hot fuck that never would have gotten me off no matter how long he kept it up! Until then, other than masturbation, I’d been orgasm dependent on my primary lover while he was coming with every date, or so I thought. I later found out he couldn’t always get an erection with a reluctant woman.

We had agreed to date other people and still maintain our primary relationship. It was during America’s sexual sixties and nearly everyone was having the time of their lives exploring sex. We decided that we would embrace the best of both worlds; an ongoing steady relationship with other sexual adventures on the side.

Thanks to the “sexual double standard” he was happy beyond belief while I struggled with all the sexual insecurity that I had internalized as normal behavior such as possessiveness and other jealous provoking female insecurities. That’s when I doubled down determined to achieve the same as male privilege to become financially and sexually his equal. At the end of five years, we stopped sharing sex and became best friends in our sexual contest that I had won hands down.

A woman, once liberated is far more sexual than any man. He’s usually limited to one or two ejaculations per love making session while I could enjoy an endless series of full body orgasms for hours. No wonder society keeps the lid on female sexual pleasure.

So it was the Fourth of July, 1971 that I showed up for our date to masturbate to orgasm to celebrate my “Sexual and Financial Independent Day!” I’d finally had an orgasm with another man as well as landing an ongoing freelance job that paid a little more than $500 a month. I could even make more when I sold a drawing or painting.

Since that time I have gone from rags to riches and now enjoy my middle class security making ends meet doing what I love; teaching sexual pleasure and orgasms to women. The men in their lives will also benefit by having an authentically orgasmic woman to love and to cherish.

Happy Independent Orgasm Day for all women everywhere!

Love Betty's Work!

Wed, 07/05/2017 - 11:26
Sabrina Haines (not verified)

You are the best Dr. Betty, a light in the darkness and a savior of women and healthy sexuality!

Great piece and truely celebrates and expresses independence

Fri, 07/07/2017 - 12:34
Martha B (not verified)

Loved your look back Betty. You have truely CUM a long way baby! I totally agree that a woman just simply is not independent unless she can cross that threshold of taking her orgasm into her own hands and nurturing it to ever new heights. Only when we cross it do we realize we have always needed that so much and wonder how we ever got by withouth strong plentiful orgasms before.  As you said, "A woman, once liberated, is far more sexual than any man" and we should embrace and rejoice that!
I truely believe that, these days, the conventional wisdom that men, on average, masturbate more than women is no longer true.  In large part thanks to your inspiration.  I doubt the average man could spend hours a day stroking his erection and riding waves of orgasm up and down, climaxing occassionally all the while the way I do. My boyfriends have only ever been able to masturbate in short sessions 2 or 3 times a day, if they're lucky, but lose their urge entirely in between each ejaculation.  A woman's urge can persist and grow and provide her with a lifestyle we all should embrace and enjoy.  It's no wonder our orgasmic lifestyle has become so popular and accepted.  I ca't wait to see what the next decade brings.
Marti

Fantastic!

Tue, 07/11/2017 - 18:43
texasfan (not verified)

You may or may not know how these little gems inspire and motivate us, even those of us following different paths - thank you very much!  I am in a committed long term marriage and enjoying the hell out of my newfound independant orgasms :)  I have read and re-read so much on this site and can tell you that, with so much male-centric sex cr@p on the internet, this has been a refuge and an asset.  Knowledge is power and you and Carlin are making all of us more powerful - and you do it with such joy that it is contagious.  THANK YOU!!

is the epitome of sexuality to be multiorgasmic?

Wed, 07/19/2017 - 06:19

My dearest Sensei, Grasshopper would like to offer some thoughts about the notion that ""A woman, once liberated, is far more sexual than any man." with the scribed assumption that being sexual is contingent upon or a function of multiple orgasmic potential. Ergo, multiple orgasmically endowed women are by nature the chief executors of humanity's sexual assets while solitarily orgasmic men are resigned to the proletariat class. Yea, I guess your assertion works if the epitome of sexuality is to be multiorgasmic where women generally greatly outperform men. However, it seems to me that sexuality is much more than its coveted orgasmic crescendo. For me, sexuality is a path chosen by all those who yearn to discover the deepest, most intimate parts of their being, the materia prima of their souls, the essence of their spirits, the foundations of their divinity. Sexuality is a lifelong search for our inner Eros or Aphrodite who gift us with the power of love and the ability to liberate ourselves from ignorance and the traps of the ego. How about we try- 'being sexual is being liberated, being liberated is a sine qua non for becoming sexual' - for men and women, no limits, no distinctions.

Nice point of view

Sat, 08/05/2017 - 05:22

Thanks for the post.
It is great that you decided to go deeper into history.
Great opportunity to draw an analogy with the present time.
Jaher,