Because the Abortion Pill is 99.8% Effective & Safe

Mon, 09/28/2015 - 15:37

When I was with my girlfriend who used the abortion pill, I couldn't get over the difference between her experience and mine in the 50's where I was literally on a kitchen table while the doctor scrapped out my uterus with a metal instrument while I had nothing to modify the pain during the entire procedure.

Three cheers and a happy birthday mifepristone.

! What it will be like when the right wing gets it way again !

Tue, 09/29/2015 - 08:48
feminist indignation (not verified)

Thank you, Betty for bearing witness to what many would like to take us back to, surgical procedures which are un safe because they were preformed out side of the medical system. Both medical provider and patient were subject to severer punitive repercussions and in many
countries still are.

I have heard many people from the U.S. say that the right wing does not really want to take men and women back criminalizing medical procedures, thus making care for people illegal. Also people say that will never happen again in the U.S. If one looks at the campaign material that's exactly what they intend to do. It is exactly how what they mean to do in electing or appointing judges to carry out their will. People say it does not matter if they vote or protest the right wings advances of the last few years but the freedom and safety you described hangs in balance. However they are the most powerful now than in the last 90 to 100
years!

Thank you for telling young people who really don't know what it's like without safe, readably, available contraceptive and abortion services either by pill or in person.

Thank you for giving stark detail about what it would be like if the right wing got its
way again!

Abortion

Tue, 09/29/2015 - 15:20

In an ideal world, abortion would be safe, easy and free. It would also be rare, not because of any moral stance but because children and young people would be properly educated about their bodies, given accurate information and advice, preferably the type of sex positive information available here.

Make friends overseas

Ron The Logician's picture
Tue, 10/06/2015 - 11:47

There are many affluent nations in the world where drug dispensers can be trusted to provide genuine pharmaceuticals. It is inconceivable all of them could be imposed upon to stop sourcing mifepristone and misoprostol.

If these two drugs were legally unavailable in my country, and there was an impregnable female in my household, I'd be damn sure to use the ever-handy Internet to make some very good friends in a foreign country where such a prohibition did not exist. By such means I would secure the needed pills in advance of any need, with the understanding that I stood ready to help my friends overseas in a reciprocal manner with some other type of medication.

And need I say that such a prohibition would immediately create a class of enterpreneurs with purely pecuniary motives ready to break any embargo for a suitable price? Could anything be easier and less risky to import illicitly than high-value pills?

Until the far-off day comes that one can build large-scale quantum computers, it will be impossible to break public-key encryption, which means that lay people with pedestrian, unhacked computers can continue to exchange messages through transparent comunication media like the Internet with COMPLETE PRIVACY. By the way, there are many fully legitimate, even noble, reasons to communicate in secrecy, including with those overseas, which is why EVERYONE should learn how to do so at once, whether they need abortion medications or not.

Questions of civil preparedness?

Thu, 10/08/2015 - 10:44
feminist indignation (not verified)

Hi Ron The Logician,

I am hearing two rather different things, one is the promotion of the concept of civil preparedness regarding the development of community with respect to planning when and how to have children. That is pregnancy is not the fate that befalls a careless person from
which they can either be condemned to childbirth or succumb to abortion. But rather the decision is not about entering into sex and therefore the possibility of conception and about birth or abortion instead the conversation and decision is about how life after birth and how new live affects the household.

And second it is a question of how caring for a child how that life affects the household from newborn until that child is caring for those who have grown too old to care for themselves. So to give birth is not just a question someone's sexual play but more of a question of how can this household raise this child so it benefits the community and intern
how does that child give birth so that the well being of the community is past forward to future generations.

What I hear you saying is civil preparedness means both the ability for the good of all to either have effective contraception in all it's forms in order to preserve the well being and future of the household and community. Is that at all how you wanted to be heard?

Make friends overseas - a clarification

Ron The Logician's picture
Sun, 10/11/2015 - 00:15

Hello feminist indignation,

The primary purpose of my post here was to say that no one who lived with me would have to do without needed access to mifepristone and misoprostol or some other pharmaceutical that makes life better - and that you, gentle reader, are able to enjoy the same prerogative if you prepare.

A secondary purpose was to observe that while ever-accelerating technological changes are depriving individuals of old types of privacy (see, for example, my post on the rapidly emerging world of "Total Recall" here) they are making powerful new types available at the same time, which wise people who don't want to be at the mercy of others should master.

Just the same thanks for sparking my curiosity.

Wed, 10/14/2015 - 08:22
feminist indignation (not verified)

Thanks Ron The Logician,

So you wanted to be understood in the most lateral form - no need for your household to be without "mifepristone and misoprostol or some other pharmaceutical that makes life better". So it is access to technological advances in many forms you are talking about. My language to express that was simply "civil preparedness". In that sense I think I got your meaning. And you seem to want readers to know that's their prerogative.

I guess I heard you asking a more complex and involved question about making life better
for the household and community, as it related to propagating the well being of our species. So to be clear I was expanding your meaning other wise known as putting words in your mouth or a "misunderstanding", sorry. Just the same thanks for sparking my curiosity.