Why are American Women Biased Against Intact Penises?

Wed, 12/10/2014 - 09:36

Hi Betty.

I am an uncircumcisised male and I was wondering if you could explain why American media and women are biased against intact penises. It seems that in American T.V shows or movies circumcision is automatic for the baby boy or if a male character is intact women will refuse to sleep with him until he has been snipped. Why is it that penises in America both real and fictional must be circumcised?

I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you for time.

Dear A,

I feel very strongly about leaving baby boys intact. Male circ is a barbaric attack on the penis and it was done originally in America to prevent masturbation. Obviously it didn't work. We know Jews do it for some weird religious reason that I've never understood, and unfortunately here in American hospitals it's become routine as most mothers want their baby boys to look like poor old Dad. Many European countries no longer perform circumcisions and I believe some states here have outlawed it. My views are clearly stated in my essay "Mothers Don't Mutilate Your Baby Boys." It's rather emotional but it's makes me so angry that this continues today.

In terms of partnersex, Americans are so puritanical we have yet to understand much about female sexual response. Your natural penis is self-lubricating and during fucking it can glide while one that has been cut will need friction even with lots of additional lube. What's interesting is when the penis is erect, the foreskin pulls back and they all look the same except the intact penis has a shiny far more sensitive glans (or head) than the calloused exposed glans. There is a great website with more information so Google around and learn more about why you're so fortunate. You can count your blessings.

My last long term sex partner was cut but he'd learned to masturbate slowly and always used copious amounts of lube. So a cut man can still be a great lover but he needs to avoid fast friction masturbation. Also many men today are taking the time to restore their foreskin by stretching the skin on their penis. It works but the natural foreskin has many sensitive nerve endings that are permanently lost.

Dr. Betty

Not all

Wed, 12/10/2014 - 13:03
Anonymouse (not verified)

Not all women find uncircumcised penises objectionable.  My husband & son are intact!

I wish my man was intact but

Thu, 12/11/2014 - 18:21
One woman (not verified)

I wish my man was intact but it's not his fault

stupid US-American mentality

Sat, 01/17/2015 - 10:39

Dreadful enough that islamic and jewish culture practice this barbaric custom to cut off the male foreskin, and you copy them, such a shame!
Do you know, that the most nerve.ends are by men locates in the inside if the foreskin?
It`s a mistake, when some women count the neves of the clit and compare it with the male glans.
The male glans isn`t the centre of male pleasure in contrast to the clitoris, here it is the female glans the centre of main.desire.
But just to the quesrion, why you make such dreadful things in the USA. Well, I am an European, in our continent we don`t make such barbaric things, maybe in Albania, but we don`t do it.
My supposition is this: you are a country where the hygiene is a fetish, nearly a chimera!
Many women, so I read have fear to get an uterus.cancer, because male glanses with a foreskin are not clean enough.
But I think important is to be clean by washing and good it is. (a dirty pig keeps a pig with or without  a foreskin)
It gives surely still other reasons why you make such foolish custom, but I don`t know them.
Surely for women has an circumsized man an advantage, because he don`t get an organsm very quick - normally. Women usually needs a little bit more time to get an orgasm.

completion

Sat, 01/17/2015 - 11:13

I forgot still following cause: You have in your country a large "Bible belt", which is orientated in a fudamental christian mind and this mean an orientation also to the Old Testament. Moses demanded that men have to be circumsized.
I think that is the reason too, why you have still the deth penalty.

Circumcision

Fri, 01/23/2015 - 23:15
Albo (not verified)

Firewater - I'm an European as yourself and Albanian. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but your comment reaks of biggotry, ignorance and stupidity. I'm Albanian and intact. Duh. Do you feel as stupid as "stupid" Americans now? What a troll!

inappropriate reaction

Sat, 01/24/2015 - 11:13

You feel injured and so you get a little bit impertinent! So it`s better you learn to be objective. But your answer is only more or less dumb!
Fact is this, a part of the albanian population are followers of islam and to this religion belongs that they demand the circumcision of the male genital. Isn`t it?

I love uncircumcised men too

Thu, 02/05/2015 - 03:43
schweineloeffel (not verified)

I'm an American woman who had her son circumcised many years ago because I was told it was necessary. I later remarried to a European man who had only a little of his foreskin removed when he was 11 years old because it was too tight and was cutting off circulation to his penis. I now regret circumcising my son and wish I had received more than a one sided education on the subject. It is definitely more fun to play with an uncircumcised penis and I think once an American woman has an uncircumcised man she will never want a circumcised man again. We need to stop this practice in America. It should be illegal. Let the boy choose for himself when he's become a man.

I, and my partners, are grateful I am intact

Sat, 04/18/2015 - 13:55
RGBlack (not verified)

My father's misogyny and abuse generally stunted my sexual development (that required a lot of unlearning, self-love, research on tantric practice and polyamory, and acceptance of my bisexuality) but the one good thing he did for me was insist on a home birth and leaving me intact.

As an American, most of my female partners say I am the only intact man they have had sex with. They also say that sex is more enjoyable with me than all their other partners.

Schweineloffel, your partner had what is called phimosis, which is a foreskin that is too tight to retract. In most cases it can be cured by stretching with coconut oil or Shea butter. Occasionally, in a pin-hole phimosis the tip must be removed surgically to allow propped urination/ejaculation. I had it, without realizing, until I started having sex. One month of stretching did the trick. The only problem was that while I was still stretching, a particularly tight partner got on top of me and the foreskin was pulled below the glans just as I got rock hard. That was enough to make me scream!

One thing to note, not all foreskins retract upon erection. I have a long foreskin that looks the same fully erect as it does flaccid. I'm also a grower. When it is cold outside, my penis is barely the size of my thumb. When I am erect, it is above average, but erections always seem to come and go at will. Women at least seem to enjoy sex more when I'm not fully hard. Because of this, using a condom is almost impossible. If this sounds familiar, I have some advice:

Before you are fully erect, role down the foreskin, apply plenty of lube, role it back up. Unrole a length of condom equivalent to the glans + foreskin +1". Pinch this over the foreskin, squeeze out the air, and role down as normal. Use a condom with an extra tight base and lots of head room. The 2-3" of flappy latex doesn't look glamorous, but if you don't leave enough room for retraction, you will be buying a morning after pill too.

Circumcision

Thu, 07/30/2015 - 19:12
D.W. (not verified)

OMG! I grew up hearing that it was better for males due to less infections!! I can not believe that I put my baby boys through that pain for no Fuckin reason!! I'm even more ticked cause the doctors told me there are no nerves or anything in the foreskin that would cause any pain!!!!! Even the little research that I did said same thing!! I wish I had found Dr. Betty before I did this!!  TO MAKE THYINGS EVEN WORSE ....I DON'T THINK THAT MY BOYS WERE CIRCUMCISED PROPERLY! I STILL HAD TO PULL SKIN DOWN TO CLEAN THEM!!
   ALL THIS HAS DEEPLY UPSET ME.....

Not bothered by being circumcised

Sun, 10/18/2015 - 02:13

I respect the views of those who oppose circumcision, but I personally am not bothered by being circumcised.  It's not really something I've thought much about as concerns myself.  I've never had any complaints about it from my partners, though some have said they prefer the look of a circumcised penis.

Circumcised and happy

Sun, 10/18/2015 - 05:34

I agree with Steven88. This conversation tends to get long winded and is often driven by women! If I were to create a post talking about having a period or why a female circumcision ritual is right or wrong, everyone would comment that I was not qualified to talk of such things because I am a male.

Hey, there are plusses and minuses with being cut. I had children who were circumcised and they slept through it and experienced no pain or distress afterwards. More kids are traumatized by their first vaccinations or the first days of school. As far as nerve endings being affected, I don't suffer from any lack of sensitivity. My penis is very sensitive and easily aroused. The sensations are awesome and I have had this conversation with guys who are in the same boat.

Truth is, most of the people I had sex with love the look of a cut penis. If a guy is uncut, well that is great too, but there is no reliable validated source that can say uncut is more sensitive than cut since a guy is one or the other. Religious reasons or not; sanitary practices or not, it is up to the parents to decide what they are going to do...just like all the other decisions they must make to keep that child safe.

It shouldn't be up to the

Mon, 12/07/2015 - 19:31
anon... (not verified)

It shouldn't be up to the parent when it comes things like that, circumcision is unneccesary, even a doctor will tell that. How does it keep the child safe? It's not effective in treating anything, and why would you blame women about being long winded about this? Your comment isn't short either and that image is more than a little annoying.

Not necessarily true

Sun, 01/24/2016 - 07:16

Anon, it depends on who you speak to in the medical profession and understanding the risks of not being circumcised is as important as being circumcised. True, it doesn't affect as many today as it did years ago, but lack of hygiene is an issue that causes problems still today. I don't blame women for discussing it, but unless you have the proper plumbing, you aren't going to relate. Lastly, if you don't like image, try telling the guy who placed it in there instead of commenting to me.

circumcision

Sun, 07/17/2016 - 08:47
Anonymousrichard (not verified)

You commented that your not bothered by this which was a direct violation to your human rights. What about all the men who feel that they have been sexually abused by this? What do you say for the men who have lost their lives to this, approximately 200 baby boys die every year due o complications from cutting off healthy functioning parts of their penis for what? How many more men must die for the rape to stop? Yes , it is rape as you are tied down, clothes taken off, and your sexual organs are mutilated beyond recognition of what a healthy normal penis was I Ted to look like or to function? The baby boys brain never, full period stop returns to normal. This is sexual anise and rape of minors for doctors wanting to profit and parent to naive to know the catastrophic damages they are doing to their sons body and mind. The son will need to live with the mutilation every day of his life while you are so naive thinking this is okay? Really, I wonder if they would have cut half your penis off which does happen if you would still sing the, oh I am a tough dude? Wake up, you have no idea what was really done to you.

My circumcision

Sun, 07/17/2016 - 14:51

Richard,
Why would you assume that my post was informed by the "Oh, I am a tough dude" sensibility?  It was not.  Look, I agree that circumcision as a custom, a practice, and a policy should be done away with.  It should be abandoned.  Got that?  The point of my post was that for me personally, I am not going to wallow in self-pity, wringing my hands and losing sleep over my lamenting what was done to me as an infant, and let this constantly impact my life now.  What would be the point?  You suggest I should "wake up," and that I "have no idea what was really done to" me.  Actually, I am perfectly aware what was done to me; I just don't see any benefit to "waking up," if by this you mean I should be living in a never-ending stew of self-pity.  You, however, seem invested in such a mindset, and seem to advocate that all circumcised men should, too.  But as I said, I personally am just not bothered by being circumcised.  It has zero impact on my daily life, and I've never had a partner complain about or express regret at my being circumcised.  If you can provide me with a good, convincing reason why I ought to live my life steeped in lament with a "poor me" mindset, I'm all ears.

The only people qualified to have an opinion...

Wed, 07/20/2016 - 05:06
langersp (not verified)

...are males circumcised as an adult, who also have experienced sex with and without.
I am one, and I can tell you, there is a HUGE difference in sensitivity. So, for those cut guys who say "it isn't an issue", you have NO idea!

So don't...

Wed, 07/20/2016 - 12:08

...get circumcised as an adult.  I am not suggesting there isn't a "HUGE" difference in sensitivity.  But the fact is that there are literally millions of circumcised men out there for whom it is NOT a big deal (or any deal at all) in their experience of daily life.  I am one, and I can tell you, my having been circumcised as an infant has ZERO effect on my life.  And if it's true that I have "NO idea," why would I WANT to have an "idea"?  Why would I want to spend my waking minutes sobbing in my oatmeal over the ignorance that impacted me all those years ago?  Where is the benefit?  As I said, I do believe circumcision as a matter-of-course cultural practice should be ended immediately, but to steep oneself in a woe-is-me mindset because he was circumcised decades earlier is useless.

Women YouTubers who prefer intact

Mon, 05/01/2017 - 22:03

A YouTube playlist of videos by women who say they've been with both cut and uncut partners, and prefer uncut: