Another Reason to Love Foreskin

Tue, 01/08/2013 - 09:03

Most D&R readers know how both Carlin and I feel about circumcision and why this attack on the male sex organ must be stopped. It's male genital mutilation and it needs to be made illegal with a form of punishment that fits the crime.

Women suffer from the absence of a foreskin also. The uncircumcised penis is self-lubricating and the foreskin allows for a sensuous gliding instead of a friction fuck that often includes a pounding that gets mistaken for "passion." In truth, it's simply a man's effort to feel pleasurable sensations.  His glans is no longer a sensitive organ that is similar to a woman's clitoris.

And it doesn't stop there - Rabbitwrite breaks down how vaginal fluids and semen induce bonding. Circumcised men don’t absorb these fluids the way fully endowed men do:

Organized religions and doctors must be stopped from routinely damaging people's sex organs. Period!

Betty, You're SO right that the foreskin is THERE FOR A REASON.

Joelface's picture
Thu, 01/17/2013 - 19:45

I completely agree with you, Betty. As you outlined, the foreskin is there for a reason -- actually, as you noted... SEVERAL reasons that benefit not just the man, but his partners as well.

This is an important part of the body, and it is SO great to hear you being part of the process of ending it. You're liberating women, but you're liberating us men too! :) Thank you.

Circumcision

Fri, 01/18/2013 - 00:59

I'm dead set against circumcision as well, and believe it is a form of mutilation that has no place as a routine procedure. However, I would strongly disagree that a circumcised man's glans is 'no longer a sensitive organ'. Despite being deprived of something they were born with, circumcised men are still highly capable of sexual pleasure and orgasm. However, removing healthy tissue that nature put there for a good reason is always a bad idea, in the same way that labiaplasty for a woman is.

let's call it what it is

Fri, 01/18/2013 - 05:26

I think it's important that Patrick pointed out that circumcised men are still highly capable of sexual pleasure. That said, I watched a video of a Danish researcher who decided to add circumcision questions to what is apparently a regular survey of Danes and sexuality. Not only were circumcised men far more likely to have sexual problems, but what surprised the researcher is that their female partners were far more likely to be nonorgasmic and to experience painful intercourse. And then of course the survey results were attacked by some Australian who makes it his business to promote MGM.

Circumcision, aka MGM

Fri, 01/18/2013 - 16:23

It would be news to millions of horny and responsive circumcised teenagers and men that they're allegedly incapable of much sexual enjoyment. We have to remember that all those millions of men were circumcised very young and without their consent. It's completely unhelpful to declare, inaccurately, that such unwitting victims of medical malpractice have 'insensitive' organs. But the Danish survey is interesting, if limited. What would be helpful here is definite information about the prevalence and nature of various sexual difficulties amongst cut men and their female partners. With such information, meaningful suggestions could be made to men and/or couples about adaptations that could help them to cope with any sexual issues complicated by circumcision.

The information to help circumcised men is to use extra lube!

Betty Dodson's picture
Fri, 01/18/2013 - 16:41

I appreciate your POV Patrick and I do realize that most American men are victims of MGM. I have stated many times that some of my best lovers were circumcised.

ALSO the few men with whom I was able to have vaginal orgasms had a self-lubricating foreskin that glided during intercourse rather than needing fast friction. Men who reconstruct their foreskin quickly notice the change in their glans penis. The texture changes to a smooth moist head that is far more sensitive. REALLY guys. I'm not about making you feel badly but I want this information to go out so women will STOP allowing their baby boys to suffer this unholy procedure just so his penise will look like his mutilated Dad's penis.

Extra lube and circumcision

Fri, 01/18/2013 - 18:20

Thanks for the tip about the extra lube, Dr Betty---I'm sure it will be helpful. I'm not sure it's possible however to declare that one person's genitals are 'far more sensitive' than another's. Sensitivity is subjective. If circumcised men were grossly insensitive to stimulation they would take forever to come and there would be no such thing as 'premature' orgasms among the circumcised. That slow gliding kind of intercourse is arguably more satisfying for both partners, and doesn't necessarily require a foreskin. It's more a matter, I believe, of being willing to take one's time to really enjoy lovemaking rather than rushing through to the end and missing a lot of sensuality along the way. That said, boys are born with foreskins for a reason and I hope that both mothers and fathers will realize this and leave their sons intact as nature meant them to be.